Availability, Affability and Ability, (Rhoads, Ferguson &Langford 2006), is the culture required to deliver new and viable models of care for exceptional service delivery.
How do we reach the final frontier in aged care reform in order to create a system that offers true choice in care and support for vulnerable elderly people in our communities? - “to boldly go where no-one has gone before.” (Star Trek 2011)
This presentation provides insights into how a Nurse Practitioner Candidate to Nurse Practitioner model of care, is charting new territory to address issues such as:
• facilitating the change process for NP roles in aged care;
• timely and equitable access to primary health care for aged care residents;
• providing increased choice regarding where and how the frail elders’ health care needs are met;
• conserving health care funding; and
• providing research evidence for possible reform at a policy level.